Cannot download email via Outlook 2007 POP3

Discussion in 'Email' started by gpsdotnetco, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Hi there,

I see all of my email migrated to the new accounts, but I am unable to log in via POP3 to download any of the messages. I heard that passwords couldn't be migrated, so I signed in via webmail and reset the password. I still get "ERR- Login failed." however. I also checked the "Enable POP access" option, but this didn't fix it either. The server appears to not recognize my POP3 login no matter what I try.

What is the IP address for POP3 access to SmarterMail?I'm using 64.79.161.16. Do I need to download this Sync tool to get it working with Outlook 2007? If so, where can I find it?

Jon Person
    StormSource Software

2. Finally got it. You know that email with the new IP address? It was sent to the email address WHICH WAS MOVED. As a result, I didn't see the message at all since I needed POP3 just to get it. A Cc: to people's alternative emails might help notify them of important info.

Everything works fine now, thanks.

Jon Person
    StormSource Software

3. mjp

mjp

Jon, in the pre-migration email that we send outyou are pointed to a page provide a field to give us an alternate email address to use to send the post-migration email. Sorry if you missed that, but we did plan for that happening. A lot of people use their domain as their admin contact.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.