Cannot forward to AOL mailbox - You knew this and didn't notify us.

Discussion in 'Email' started by wisemx, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Hi,
    AOL is blacklisting mail from SmarterMail here?

If it's a problem with the mail header "blah" there are ways we can work around that.

Please fill me in, I'm very curious. [​IMG]
    All the best,
    Mark

2. I'm pretty upset about the fact that you KNEW we wouldn't be able to forward to an AOL mailbox from Smartermail but you made no effort to notify us in advance. Now we're scrambling around trying to figure out what to do. Probably it will mean us moving to another service that values it's customers enough to at least include a sentence in an email to let us know that these changes were coming.

3. Smartermail will not allow you to set up a forwarding email address if it's on AOL. See this link:

http://kb.discountasp.net/article.aspx?id=10514

We had been forwarding for years from Discountasp's old email service without problems. But with the switch to Smartermail, we apparently can no longer forward to AOL.

4. Thanks. [​IMG]

I read the KB article, seems fair enough to me.

I can also understand how this can be a problem if you have a need to forward to AOL.
    So...I did some digging just now and found tons of services on the Internet for this:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=email+forwarding+system

Seems to be a good solution for a known problem.
    All the best,
    Mark

5. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Nancy,

sorry you are not happy about this policy. Unfortunately, due to how AOL's spam filtering work, we are forced to set this restriction.

Our mail system used to get block by AOL constantly, we have not been blocked once since implement this restriction.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

6. mjp

mjp

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.