Classic ASP w/ Access Database errors

Discussion in 'Classic ASP' started by cityphone, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. We usually develop our applications in .net, but we have a client that wanted Classic ASP. Anyway, we've written a Classic ASP application and we are seeing some weird behavior. When we logon with the same credentials, from different computers, we receive different errors. The most interesting error stems from a Windows Vista machine running IE 7.0.6. Here is the error code --Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e07' Data type mismatch in criteria expression. It appears to be a code issue, but based on the behavior, I think it has something to do with Classic ASP running on IIS 7.0 with an Access database. Any ideas? Thanks

2. I've done a lot of ASP development and would like to help you but don't follow all of this...

Why is Vista seeing your Access DB? The Forms Access can use?
    Or is the DB on Vista?

3. Thanks for the quick reply. I apologize for the confusion. The application is running at discountasp.net. It is written as Classic ASP running on IIS 7.0 with an Access database. We plan to port over to SQL 2005 as soon as we finish all of the bug fixes. Anyway, if we logon to the application from a laptop running Windows Vista with IIS 7.0.6, we get the listed error. The error does not occur with the same login credentials on a Windows XP box, for instance. When we add data and upload photos to an ASP page,the error occurs after we hit sumbit.

4. Thanks! I'm looking into it now.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.