Classic ASP Web Wiz Forums v9.06 vs DoNetBB V2.42 anyone???

Discussion in 'Classic ASP' started by dlks, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone here using Web Wiz Forums v9.06(asp)or theDoNetBB V2.42(asp.net) forum software with DiscountASP? If yes, can you give me some feedback on it?

So far I think Web Wiz Forums is great but it's using the classic ASP instead of .net and the DoNetBB seems very limited in terms of features etc.... What do you think? Thanks!

2. I'm running the latest Web Wiz forums with no problem.
    It's the second DASP account I've run them on.
    Also ran Snitz on several DASP accounts, for the most part I prefer the new Web Wiz.
    http://sdknuts.net/forums/default.asp

Tip: Create an Application for the folder Web Wiz or Snitz run from, their sessions will behave better.
    Salute,
    Mark

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

You are right as far as DotNetBB limited feature goes. We are seriously consider moving to another forum ourselve.

The big problem is that DotNetBB was acquired by an ECommerce company about 1.5 yr ago and just like any acquistion, it screws everything up. They promised a new version for over 9 months but we have not seen anything :<

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.