Code Access Security SecurityException?

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by zahmed, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Hi,

I have recently installed dasblog on discountasp.net and having few issues. For certain functionality (like pop3) I'm getting CAS exceptions.

Effetively demand of SocketPermission is failing. Now AFAIK defaultCAS policy @ discountasp.net enables SocketPermission to sites, can some please confirm this?

Strange things is: SMTP is working and dasblog can sucessfully send email notification whenever I create new post etc. So I'm not sure what's going on. Why SocketPermission is failing in some cases and being grated in other case.

Any idea, anyone?

Pop3ServerError:
    System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.SocketPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.CheckCacheRemote(EndPoint& remoteEP, Boolean isOverwrite) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP) at Lesnikowski.Pawel.Mail.Pop3.Pop3.Connect() at newtelligence.DasBlog.Web.Services.MailToWeblog.Run() The action that failed was: Demand The type of the first permission that failed was: System.Net.SocketPermission The Zone of the assembly that failed was: MyComputer
    while processing .

2. Hi,
    Thanks for your reply however my problem is different.
    In my case - the blog is working fine. I'm however not able to access my pop3 server. When I configure Mail to Weblog feature in dasblog(which rely on pop3), I start getting SecurityExceptions "SocketPermission is denied".
    SMTP on the other hand is working fine - so I'm not sure why pop3 is failing.

Any idea?

3. I haven't taken a look at Dasblog but one thing I'd look into is the web.config settings.
    The next thing would be to contact DASP Support via a Support ticket.
    Salute,
    Mark