Config Error

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by geminirand, Jun 16, 2007.

1. I'm trying to set up my site here for the first time and have the following error on visiting it.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? In my bin directory, there's another folder called ExternalReferences, and that'swhere System.Web.Extensions.dll is found. What else do I need to tell you?

Thanks for the help.

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.Compatibility.CompareValidator' from assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

Source Error:

Code:
    Line 37:       </controls>
    Line 38:       <tagMapping>
    Line 39:         <add tagType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompareValidator" mappedTagType="System.Web.UI.Compatibility.CompareValidator, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
    Line 40:         <add tagType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.CustomValidator" mappedTagType="System.Web.UI.Compatibility.CustomValidator, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
    Line 41:         <add tagType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.RangeValidator" mappedTagType="System.Web.UI.Compatibility.RangeValidator, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
    Source File: E:\web\randyellefs\htdocs\web.config Line: 39