Configuration Error - Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by kreed, May 5, 2006.

1. I created a Website in VS 2005. It runs fine on the local machine, but when I deploy it to the web server I get the error page below. Notice the version information at the bottom. I went to the properties of the website in the IIS manager onthe local machine to check the ASP.NET version and it was set to 2.0.50727. I'm assuming that the error is due to the conflicting ASP.NET versions. Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? Not sure if it's relevant or not but the local machine is running IIS version 5.1. Thanks.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.

Source Error:

Code:
    Line 8:      \Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config 
    Line 9:  -->
    Line 10: <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
    Line 11:     <appSettings/>
    Line 12:     <connectionStrings/>
    Source File: E:\web\kylereednet\htdocs\web.config Line: 10

Version Information:Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

2. Nevermind. The problem was that the web server was set for the .NET Framework 1.1.

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Yeah.. this is becoming a common problem.

Do you think we should deliver the account with ASP.NET 2.0 enabled as default?

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. I vote yes as I ran into the same issue lol. I thinka majority of peoplepicking up a new account at this point will be coding for 2.0. Just my two cents though :)

---------------
    W. Patrick Jones
    Mayo Developments