Could not load file or assembly

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by asnowell, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Hello. Today I got the following error: "Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_agm7okpw, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." It just came out of nowhere. The files have not change at all.I am using Asp.Net 2.0. The error was occurring in one of my user controls and since the user control was in a Master Page, every page on my website site did not work. Does anyone know what caused the problem?

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

This error usually means that you have not uploaded the codebehind dll into the bin directory. CHeck to make sure the dll is in the bin directory under the application root.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. It's weird because it only happens once in a while. The error happens in a user control. In my bin directory I only have the dlls my web application references. I don't have the actual web project's dll in the bin directory. .Net 2.0 is different from 1.x. I've been looking at some different forums and they are suggesting changing something in the registry. Here's a link to something I found earlier.

http://lozanotek.com/archive/2006/02/09/6948.aspx

I need to get this fixed. It causes my whole site to become disabled until I recopy the user control on the web server. I have no idea how to fix it.

4. It's possible that some files in the ASP.NET temporary cache for your site may have gotten corrupt. Send a support ticket to have it cleared to see if that resolves the problem.

Aristotle

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

5. Ok. I'll do that. Thank you very much.