dashCommerce and modified medium trust

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by mayaroselip, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Hi,

Sorry if this isn't the best forum formy question...

I'm evaluating ASP.NET shopping cart solutions which integrates with PayPal Website Payments Pro. Of course, some research led me to the open source dashCommerce project. First of all, this blurb worried me - so, I'd like to confirm that we have this capability at discountASP.net...I did find one KnowledgeBase article describing the ability to allow full trust...

When running dashCommerce, your installation, depending upon your configuration, may need to make web requests to other sites (such as PayPal, USPS, UPS, etc.). Doing this requires a modified medium trust. Some hosters may not allow for modified medium trust, so you should check with your hosting provider before deploying dashCommerce to your hosting environment. Provided a modified medium trust is allowed, you will have to add the following permission to your modified medium trust file at the MACHINE level:
    <IPermission class="WebPermission"version="1"Unrestricted="true"/></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Second, what kind of experiences have you had with it? Is it the "right" choice? I'd like to find something free to begin - looks like most of the real nice paid solutions cost around $1000.
    Thanks!
    Maya

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

we support full trust. you should not have any problem w/ this.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET