Database help

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by reb, May 18, 2005.

1. reb

reb

I uploaded the personal Start Kit on beta hodting but I could not transfer the aspnetdb to the server can any help me please.

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

what have you attempt so far? did you get any error?

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. reb

reb

Well they are no tables of aspnetdb on the database. I got only Album andPhoto tables. I need to know how upload aspnetdb tables and procedures for Personal Start kits.

4. You can use the aspnet_regsql tool to create a SQL script to generate the schema for the membership database (the aspnetdb). The syntax should look like:

aspnet_regsql -S mssql07.discountasp.net -U [your SQL login] -P [your SQL password] -sqlexportonly c:\name.sql -A all -d [your database name]

5. reb

reb

I did use the sintax that you provided before but it did not do any good.

6. Are you getting any error when you try to execute it using query analyzer? You will also need to make sure that you have update the web.config to use the new database as your membership provider.

7. reb

reb

Actually I did use query analyzer. I got http 500 internal server error (The page cannot be displayed) when I used open SQL file. However, It worked when I copy and paste sql text into qyery analyzer (only when I took off GOTO Cleanup line from sql file).</o:p>

8. I got this to work by visiting www.toadsoft.com &amp; importing using Toad.

9. Hi!

I now got anSQL Server 2000 database configured on DiscountASP. If I understand correct, I should be able to use Toad to export the database from my local SQL Express 2005to the server? I've got the connection to work all right from within toad and I've downloaded the script from Microsoft site, to add photo and albums tables. But I'm not sure as to how to get going from here. The database is named DB_155930_xxxx now.

If anyone could give me a hint on what to do now to get the personal website to work, I'dbe greatful.

Regards
    Flemming