Deal Comet! What do you think?

Discussion in 'Site Design, SEO, Google and Site Promotion' started by Spammerleo, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Spammerleo

Spammerleo Guest

Hey DiscountASP Peeps,

We just created a new website, and wanted to know what the community thought. Any feedback? Suggestions? Advice?

Thanks.

www.dealcomet.com/

Post Edited (DealComet) : 1/2/2007 6:36:20 PM GMT

2. mjp

mjp

The site design is okay, clean and utilitarian.

Where I think you are really on the right track is with the blog and the casual language in your "about" page. When you establish a friendly atmosphere like that, users feel like they are dealing with real people, and they will be more likely to spend their money with you.

Good work.

mjp
    DiscountASP.NET
    <SUB><SUP>http://DiscountASP.NET

3. Spammerleo

Spammerleo Guest

Thanks mjp. We wanted to go for a clean simple look, but I guess we come off as too utilitarian . . .

We'll try to inject more personality into our site (if long hours with coffee pumping through our veins haven't sucked the personality out of us). We're also hoping to establish more personality through our blog.

Thanks for the praise.

We snuck this out the door.

Small updates to the page.

Thoughts?

Post Edited (DealComet) : 3/12/2007 4:59:29 AM GMT

4. Actually I kinda like it. Kinda reminds of of the Wal Mart look. Not sure if that was compliment or not.

5. Spammerleo

Spammerleo Guest

walmart looks better . . . I'm not sure what it is. I'm starting to think we need more color or something.

I think we got usablility pretty down, but we need to improve the attractiveness of the site. Any ideas?

6. Have you considered using iframes. Might keep the overal page while giving a scrolling functionality inside your site. Just a thought.
    My personal opinion is you want to keep a color standardize. So when ever they see a specific color 'Like Blue' they'll think of you.