deleted sql server express 2008 client returned to sql server express 2005 client

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by brea245, Jun 21, 2008.

1. I have returned to sql server express 2005 client.

I cannow connect to myDASP sql 2005 acct. and evenup-loaded an MDF file, works fine.
    But the database that I had before I up-loadedon theremote sql 2005is completely changed.
    I tried to connect via database explorer inVWD express 2005to the ASPNETDB.MDF and I get error.

When I attempt to website login pageI get the following:

Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.

InWAT: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'

I fearwhen I restored my database to up-load my MDF (BAK) file I lost all the previous setting on my DASP sql 2005 acct databaseare allgone. Would I need to configure to new settings inmy web.config file??

2. That's what I was thinking,my whole databasewas blown out.
    With a single .BAK restore but until I get the idea of downloading a zip file
    of back-up file I hope not torun into that problem again.

Wonder if DASP provides for an instant download of zipped database back-up file?

3. Hey mun,
    Something I always suggest is making a backup of your BLANK DASP DB so you have something to fall back on.
    May not at first make sense to make a BU of a blank database but in times like this is sure helps.

What I'd recommend is contacting support and asking to have your DB dropped.
    Will be a lot easier than dropping all those objects by yourself and recreating them.

Just some suggestions.
    Salute,
    Mark