Deleting Old Files

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by jonereb, Jun 10, 2009.

1. I am taking over an existing website and need to delete all old files and uplink new files. How do I accomplish this? When I went to DiscountASP Control Panels, I didn't see all of the old files...like index.htm. The other web pages and accompanying pdf, jpg photos, etc. were not listed. Thx.

2. Hi,
    Which IDE will you be using locally?
    Any of the Visual Studio IDE's, even the free VWD, will allow you to cleanup your remote files.
    All the best,
    Mark

3. Mark,
    I'm using FrontPage 2000. Basically, I need to know if the server has FrontPage extensions installed and how to delete old files. I'd like to start with a clean slate. Can I go into DiscountASP's control panel and delete files?

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

if you want a clean site, you should do the followings

1) Uninstall Frontpage extension
    2) Create a support ticket to reset your site back to default state.

5. Where do I create a support ticket?

6. Hello? Anyone? :confused: I'm new to DiscountASP and need help.

7. To create a support ticket log into your hosting control panel and click on the Support link at the top of the page. You may have to run though the steps to get your support ticket system enable on your control panel. Once you run through the steps, you will be sent a confirmation email. Make sure the email address you type down for the confirmation is a good email address. From then on you should be able to create tickets inside your help desk.