deploying visual studio website to internet

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by findcausene, Nov 6, 2008.

1. findcausene

findcausene chas28

Total Posts : 10

[​IMG]Posted Today 10:29 AM (GMT -8)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the duplicate post, but I forgot to inclue a subject.

I have developed a website with Membership using visual studio 2005. It works fine when I run it through wisual studio 2005. VS2005 uses local IIS (http://localhost/membership) to store the code. I would like to put this application on the internet.
    How do I do this?

I contacted dicountasp.net, my hosting service, and they told me:

...this error indicates that your application is attempting to connect to a SQL Express edition database. SQL Express is not supported. Please update your application to use your SQL addon. The connection string to your addon can be located in the SQL 2005 section of your control panel.

I have don this and the login page displays properlybut now I get this error after user attempts to log in:

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

I need some help, please.