desktop notifier

Discussion in 'Email' started by wisemx, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Windows Live Messenger also has an express-like mail client that will work like that one.

If you install the new Live apps one of them is the mail client.
    http://get.live.com/WL/desktop

If you forward any mail to your hotmail account the taskbar notifier will alert you when mail arrives.
    All for free.

I actually use both of those, Smartermail sync and Live mail notify,but I don't click on the notifier messages.
    If I do it will try and load the Live mail app instead of Outlook 2007 Pro, which is always running anyway.

I use Outlook 2007 for RSS, Mail and syncing everything.
    But with Messenger running the notifications popup and let me know either way.

Crazy but it works. [​IMG]

2. The Smartermail Sync tool for Outlook 2007.
    It allows Outlook to fetch and sync with your Smartermail.

3. Thanks, what I was thinking of is for instance Go Daddy has a notifier that sits in tray and pops up if you have a message. When you scroll over it all options are available from there and you don't have to log in. I never even thought about whether or not outlook express has this feature, I will check on it. No big deal if discountasp.net does not have it, I thought maybe a third party developer had created something. My mood is already improving since leaving Go Daddy a few days ago either way.

4. Does smartmail have a desktop notifier feature? I have searched help and forums and can't find anything. If not, is there some other option so that when I start computer I can view new mail, or at least log in automatically?

5. I'll give that a try, though I use Outlook Express. I can always switch to Outlook. I don't need to click on notifier just as long as I know mail came in so I don't have to keep checking. Thank you for reply.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.