disble email by mistake

Discussion in 'Email' started by mafouad, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. when disable the mail by mistake and try to enable it again i lost all email any one help me to restore my old emails ????

2. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

I think when you disable email, it will delete all the email stored on the mail servers. Open up a support ticket.

Eric
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET - Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2008 Readers' Choice Award for Best ASP.NET Hosting Service
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best ASP.NET Hosting Service
    - Visual Studio Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best .NET Hosting Service

3. mjp

mjp

Sorry, when you disable email everything is gone a few seconds after you click "OK," and we cannot get it back for you. That is why before disabling you saw the warning; Disable email? By clicking OK, ALL email messages, email users, forwards, autoresponders will be deleted and unrecoverable.

We offer the complete removal of all email configuration from the system for people who host their email elsewhere or run their own mail servers. In cases such as those, if we do not remove all configuration, messages sent from one DiscountASP.NET user who uses our email service to another userwho does notwill stillbe treated as a "local delivery" and will fail (because the mail is hosted elsewhere). It's a weird email technicality, but an issue that we run in to from time to time.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.