DISCOUNT ASP.NET SHOULD CHANGE THEIR NAME TO RIP OFF CRAPOLA BS

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by propmanconc, Mar 5, 2006.

1. WHAT THE HELL I PAID THERE WAS NOT MENTION ABOUT EXTRA BILLING TO ME WHEN I PAID FOR A YEAR SERVICE ABOUT HAVING TO PAY EXTRA TO USE MY OWN SQL DATABASES ON YOUR WEBSITE. THAT IS BS. YOU WEBSITE SAID I GET SO MUCH WEBSPACE TO USE AND I GET SQL SERVER DATABASE SERIVICE AND NOTHING ABOUT HAVING TO PAY EXTRA EACH MONTH FOR USING USING SQL DATABASES. THAT MEAN I AM PAYING FOR EXTRA SPACE THE I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR

EXTRA MONEY EACH MONTH FOR SQL SERVICE THAT IS BULLSHIT

2. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

I deleted the other 10 posts you crossposted in the forum. There is absolutely no reason for this type of behavior and to SHOUT on top of that. Our customers do not appreciate this type of behavior.

Our customers can read, so they typically review our website features or ask questions before signing up. Our website states that SQL is an addon and states the pricing. If you had any questions about it, we would have explained it to you.

We DO NOT host SQL databases on the same server as websites. We host SQL databases on their own SQL servers. Websites are hosted on separate webservers. Some hosts may put both on the same box to save money on server costs but ultimately this type of thing would degrade performance of both websites and SQL databases. Therefore, the website space and SQL disk space have nothing to do with each other.

If you want to cancel, then use the cancellation request form in the Control Panel (https://my.discountasp.net)

DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

3. I agree with Eric. That post is totally unprofessional, not to mention unfounded. DiscountASP is not only extraordinarily inexpensive, but also very clear about what they provide and what the add-ons are. They also provide world-class support and their servers offer excellent performance so it truly is a deal.

Post Edited (JerSchneid) : 5/23/2006 8:11:05 PM GMT

4. For anyone just considering DiscountASP, I just signed up. I thought it was quite clear that an MS sql database would be an additional charge.

This company rocks!

5. Any chance you could get somebody in support or billling to answer my emails i'm going nuts over here. If nobody answers soon I'm gonna take up my 30 day money back guarantee

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

GurnURZ: I deleted your other post with the same message. You'll need to provide a ticket number or else we would not know which ticket you are referring to.

Also the best way to send in a ticket is using the Control Panel Helpdesk Ticket Manager. This interface will insert the ticket into our helpdesk system without latency and you will be able to track these tickets via the Ticket History manager. You can reply to those responses via the control panel as well.

If you are using spam filters for your email, then please also check your spam/junk/bulk folder as spam filters will filter out legitimate emails.

- Eric
    DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

7. I can't get a ticket because I don't know my login. I have had a few troubles signing up (largely due to mebeing distracted at the time). I have not received my confirmation email (it's not in my deleted items) and I don't know my password. I accepts I am entirely at fault initially but I have been trying to get a straight answer for two days now!

8. I accidentally entered the wrong email address as it's new (4 days old) and so nobody will listen to me depsite me sending reems of evidence to show I am who I say I am.

9. Somebody has now sent me my password. Thanks