DiscountASP mailserver is on a spam list

Discussion in 'Email' started by csrow, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. The mail server has been spam blocked by dnsbl.sorbs.net database.

Can not send email to some people who are using this list to block spammers.

I have send an e-mail to DiscountASP on Tuesday but have not heard anything back.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this problem?

2. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

Our mail admins are aware of this sorbs issue and are working on trying to resolve it.

Please send in the ticket number to support and we can check up on your ticket. I'm sure we have responded to it. Also, please send in a copy of any bounced message you are getting so we can review them.

DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Received a reply yesterday.

I agree with DiscountASP's position on not paying for de-listing.

They have done something because now the mail is going through even though the server is still on the SORBS list.

Thanks.

4. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

Of course we have yet to hear back from SORBS. We have contacted SORBS through every means they provide and they have not responded. At this time, we are still listed and have no idea why.

Reviewing the posted SORBS policies/procedures and other online posts, we conclude that SORBS is operating under questionable and unethical terms.

Please note the following:
    1. The SORBS staff never contacted us prior to blacklisting DiscountASP.NET.
    2. The SORBS staff has not explained why DiscountASP.NET is blacklisted, or provided any information to help us mitigate any reason for the listing.
    3. All attempts to contact SORBS results in an auto-response that states: "We aim to answer all tickets within 48 hours of you requesting help, however due to the incredible load it may take up to 28 days to answer your problem."
    4. SORBS states that they will take off mail servers from their blacklists if the offender pays a fee to an organization of their choice.

Please take special notice of item four above - SORBS requires a payment to another third party of their choice in return for being de-listed, while not providing any information on why the mail servers were blacklisted in the first place and with no assistance in helping identify the origin of the abuse.

At DiscountASP.NET we take our responsibility to act as a cooperative member of the internet community very seriously. As a service provider of email services, this means that we take quick action to ensure that our mail servers are not used to propagate abusive mail and/or SPAM. We expect blacklist operators to act responsibly as well.

Instead of working with the internet community to rid email abuse, SORBS runs an unresponsive and unaccountable operation using blackmail for email abuse control. DiscountASP.NET will not endorse their tactics and will not make any payments to SORBS. We find this unacceptable, and wholly unethical.

DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

5. Buahahahh *snort* hahahah.. That almost made me wet my pants.

Smells a little stinky to me...

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.