DiscountAsp.Net Network Health Blog

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Bruce, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

we are looking into adding a network status page.

If there's a major outage, we usually post it to the control panel frontpage & this forum.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

2. Assuming people can reach those pages... that would be great ... last night it would not have helped. Which is why I suggest a blog on another server, not on your network.... of course you can link to it from your current network status page...

By the way, what happened last night?

3. You guys are doing a great job!</o:p>
    </o:p>
    But, I would think it would help everyone (especially you) if you would post some timely news/statements about outages that have occurred or problems that you are looking into on a network-wide basis.</o:p>

Last night, I am assuming that you/something went down, but me and probably hundreds of others started hunting around to figure out what was up with our sites/etc.,? with no word from you folks or no place to go to figure out what happened. And we don?t know what to tell *our* customers either. When something like this happens (and your entire business depends on it) your mind immediately goes (?out of business? Hit by terrorists? Hackers??, etc.) ? </o:p>
    In the absence of sameand in the event of a prolonged outage ? I suspect you run the risk of losing large blocks of customers all at the same time (assuming loyalty is thin in your business).</o:p>
    Anyways, it would really help the confidence in the overall system to have a little visibility and a timely posting of information on the health of your/our system.</o:p>
    A ?network health? blog running on a *different* network entirely (blogger.net?) would be a hugely valuable tool for you and your customers and a no-brainer to implement.</o:p>
    Please seriously consider this!</o:p>
    Thanks </o:p>
    David</o:p>

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

We had couple server reboot but it didn't take more 3 minutes

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET