Dot Net Nuke Installation

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by rationalide, Jun 8, 2007.

1. I've installed Dot Net Nuke into a subdirectory. I'm using the default.aspx page at the root to redirect to Dot Net Nuke. I can access my dot net nuke instance easily however I also have a domain pointer I'm trying to route to a DNN portal that doesn't work - I just get redirected to the main DNN instance.

My code looks like this.

Dim HTTPHost

HTTPHost = LCase(Request.ServerVariables('HTTP_HOST'))

Select Case HTTPHost
    Case 'www.mysite.com', 'mysite.com'
    Response.Redirect('http://www.mysite.com/DotNetNuke')
    Case 'www.myparentportal.com', 'myparentportal.com'
    Response.Redirect('http://www.rationalideas.com/DotNetNuke/tabid/1/portals/portalid/1/default.aspx')
    End Select

I've tried redirecting all traffic to the DNN instance as well but that did not work.

I have the following portal aliases set up for my parent portal in DNN.
    www.mysite.com/parentportal
    www.parentportal.com
    I have purchased the domain name pointer for www.parentportal.com so the traffic is coming in - I just can't get it routed to the parent portal established in DNN.

I'm considering installing DNN directly to the root which DiscountASP.net does not recommend.

Has anyone installed DNN directly to the root? If so has this resulted in any problems? I the response time better? Is this better for SEO?
    If anyone is using redirection from the root, how can I code this correctly?

I've searched the forums for some answers on this but, so far, I haven't found any working solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ted

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Do you intend to put any other applications in your site other than DNN?

If you do not, it is perfectly ok to install DNN to the root.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. so... Ted what did you do???

i was doing the same thing [​IMG]

thanks

ErickG