dotNetBB question

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Codemavin, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Hi, I have dotNetBB running on my site hosted by discountasp.net . Does anyone know why it would save data sometimes and other times not? I thought that if it was good enough for discountasp.net to use then it would be good for me. Was I wrong?

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

What do you mean it will save data sometimes but not other?

DotNetBB has been quite stable for us but we have not seen much improvements since they were acquired.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. I'll take a look. Thanks

4. DotNetBB works great and is stable for all of the user experience screens. When I'm in the Admin section it saves the changes about half of the time. When it does save the data it works consistently until I log out. When I log back in, say 20 minutes later,as an Admin to make more changes it does not save any changes, i.e. to Forum Builder. I thinkthat DotNetBB is holding onto the session object or the log out function is not working correctly. Another thing it could be is that it's running on SQL2005 (should run better than MSSQL2000) and it residesin a 2.0 application instead of its preferred 1.1.
    I do think it's one of the bestBBs on the market and absolutely the best value for the money. Any ideas would be helpful?