DotNetNuke Version 3.2.0 with Sql Server 2005

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by bwainwri, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Does anyone know if it's possible to have this mix? Version 3.2.0 with sql2005?

I'm getting this error:

ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProvider

My connection string looks like the following:

add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=(sql2k501.discountasp.net);Database=SQL2005_195009_*****;uid=SQL2005_195009_*****_user;pwd=*****;Trusted_Connection=False" />

I'd appreciate any help. I'm thinking maybe I need to switch to sql2000 - it doesn't appear that discountasp supports sql2003.

I tried to install Version 4.0.0 with the sql2005, but I don't think discountasp supports asp.net version 2.0 I think they are still on 1.1

Thanks!

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

you can switch the framework to version 2.0 in the control panel's IIS manager.

i do not think v3.x will work w/ sql 2005.

we have not tested installing dnn 4.0 though. I think you should start w/ 3.x and sql 2000.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Thanks for your suggestion Bruce....

I'msuch thepioneer....
    I'd like to try DotNetNuke version 4.0.0 with sql 2005 and asp.net 2.0.
    If I can't get that to work, then I'll take you up on your suggestion :)
    Thanks again....

4. Bruce

sounds good!

let us know what the result is. we'll be testing DNN 4 soon. thx.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

5. Hi I'm planning to buya Hosting account at DiscountAsp.net, and I would like to know if it is possible to deploy DotNetNuke 4.0.2... Now, Medium Trust is not a problem because this version is optimized to work with it.

But I would like to know which trust level DiscountAsp.net servers work, and if it's possible to execute the aspnet_regsql.exe against the SQL Server 2005 without restrictions, to use Membership and the other stuff...

Today, I'm with GoDaddy but they started toblock ".dll" files in their Shared Hosting Servers, is like say... every one who wants full asp.net 2.0hosting... get an other company... And please tell me that DiscountAsp.net is not going to block ".dll" and Bin folder in the future...

Best Regards.[​IMG]
    Juan Carlos.

6. Bruce

7. Hi Bruce.

Sorry for my mistake...I was confused with the 2 of the Commerce Starter Kit v 1.0.2

Since JanuaryI hopemy company and mi clients, are going start working with DiscounAsp.net.

Thanks for your answer and recomendated link.

Juan Carlos
    www.tecnesoft.net