Downloading mail thru Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Email' started by kjmay, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I just installed Thunderbird. I can send mail, but cannot download mail. I do not see an error message -- when I click the 'Get Mail' button, the status bar shows 'Connected to pop3.mydomainname.com' and the green arrows flash as though it is checking, but nothing happens once the arrows finish.

Settings:
    Server name: pop3.mydomainname.com
    User name: [email protected]
    Port 110
    Security settings set to never use a secure connection
    security authentication checkbox is NOT checked

I am looking into buying a Motorola Q with the intent of syncing on a laptop I use for both our personal business and for my regular employer. I'm planning to use Thunderbird and BirdieSync since I will be using this mail account for our personal business and am already using Outlook 2007 w/Exchange for my day job. Any suggestions or anything I need to watch out for?

Thanks!
    Kathy

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

There are many potential problems. I recommend you open a support ticket since we need a lot of sensitive information to help you.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. It turns out the IT guys at work block pop3 mail. Downloading thru Thunderbird works great on my home connection. Thanks, Bruce, for your offer of help!

Kathy

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.