Downtime

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by odelljl, Apr 23, 2003.

1. I've experienced down time each of the last two days during the day - on the order of 15-30 minutes - has anyone else experienced this?

One of my customers wants to move to a new hosting service over this. I like everything that I've experienced so far with this host, but this is causing problems with my customer and their custoemrs.

I reported the second occurance - I'll see what response I get.

For those that have a longer history - is this par for the course or an abberation?

Thanks -

jlo

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Some of the downtime is caused by the Framework 1.1 upgrade.

We are currenly working with MSFT to resolve the issue. MSFT believed that they have identified the problem and is not recommending a workaround.

Thank you for your understanding.

quote:Originally posted by odelljl

I've experienced down time each of the last two days during the day - on the order of 15-30 minutes - has anyone else experienced this?

One of my customers wants to move to a new hosting service over this. I like everything that I've experienced so far with this host, but this is causing problems with my customer and their custoemrs.

I reported the second occurance - I'll see what response I get.

For those that have a longer history - is this par for the course or an abberation?

Thanks -

jlo
    </blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

3. Bruce

Our SA have identified the problem that caused one of the system to become unstable during the past 48 hours. The root cause was a customer perl script that cause the web server to crash. We have removed the script and update the way the web server serve up Perl.

Our SAs are pretty confident that the system should act normally now.

THanks.

quote:Originally posted by greg

Ive been experiencing it too. My site goes up and down for several minutes sometimes hours. Last time it happened is this morning. Im wondering if this issue will be resolved soon.

4. Ive been experiencing it too. My site goes up and down for several minutes sometimes hours. Last time it happened is this morning. Im wondering if this issue will be resolved soon.

5. So it was Perl that took us down, not MSFT as originally announced?

quote:Originally posted by bruce

Our SA have identified the problem that caused one of the system to become unstable during the past 48 hours. The root cause was a customer perl script that cause the web server to crash. We have removed the script and update the way the web server serve up Perl.

THanks.

Ive been experiencing it too. My site goes up and down for several minutes sometimes hours. Last time it happened is this morning. Im wondering if this issue will be resolved soon.

Jon
    (Information doesn't want to be free, it wants to be sixty-nine cents @ pound)

6. Bruce

We put trigger on the monitoring system to recycle the aspnet worker process when it reaches a certain threshold.

However, the outage on the server last sunday was caused by a perl script that crash the box. That's why the server was recycled multiple times during the day.

quote:Originally posted by JonO

So it was Perl that took us down, not MSFT as originally announced?

quote:Originally posted by bruce

THanks.

Jon

7. my site just went down again?

8. Greg, just checking - when your site goes down, do you try to ping it?

my site just went down again?

Jon