Duplicate Emails - Help!

Discussion in 'Email' started by gwatkins, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I have a recurring problem with Outlook 2003 that I am hoping someone could help me with.</o:p>
    </o:p>
    I maintain several POP3 email accounts and access them via my desktop at work and at home. As a result, I keep the settings on all devices set to maintain the emails on the server for 5 days, and then have them automatically deleted. This way I can receive them on all the devices.</o:p>
    Most times I connect, no matter which computer I am using Outlook from, it duplicates all my email that has already been received. It doesn't matter how long I wait between downloads, or which machine, it duplicates almost everything already there.</o:p>
    I have tried all of the following. None have worked:
    1. Extending the timeout
    2. Checking email once every 2 hours.
    3. Deleted all emails off the webmail server.
    4. Un-checked the "leave messages on the server" and then hit "Send and receive" to get the mailbox cleaned out. Then re-checked it. I was hoping this might fix a corrupt list of the "message IDs" for the messages it has downloaded. It didn't work.
    5. I ran scanpst.exe.
    6. I deleted all email accounts and tried using only my main one.
    7. I deleted all rules.
    8. I tried using a brand new pst file.
    9. Updated Windows 2003 Server OS and Outlook 2003 with all the latest patches and updates.
    10. Disabled Antivirus Program.
    I have 2 other business websites with another hosting company/email system, and I do NOT receive duplicate emails in Outlook 2003, so it seems have something to do with the SmarterMail system synchronization.
    It has been doing this for a few months now.</o:p>
    Anyone have any ideas?</o:p>
    Thanks!

2. From what I've seen this is related to Rules.
    Did Outlook restore your old Rules after you deleted them?
    Might want to look again, I've seen it do that.

3. I did try starting a brand new .pst file and checked to ensure there were no rules.

All emails went straight to the inbox and stayed there. There was no "rules" filtering.

It didn'tto stop the duplicates.
    Thanks anyway.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.