Email and Auto Responder questions

Discussion in 'Email' started by LifeSafer, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I have a question about his new Smarter Email System.

If I set up an address that I have all the "Spam-High" emails sent to, can I setup an AutoResponder on it with a message that says "This emailhas been deemed asspam and has been rejected blah blah blah" but then have it automatically deleted? I know I can do the message part, but... I don't want to have to monitor this email address and delete thousands of messages a week.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I love the new system so far! No complaints here.

Thanks.

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Please don't setup auto response in this case. In general, 99.9% of the spam uses random from address and it is unlikely that you'll get the message to the spammer. To make matter worst, you'll generate a lot of double bouces on our server.

I think a better way to do this is

1) Configure spam filtering to send all "Spam-High" email to a folder within the account
    2) Set up folder auto clean to remove mail in that folder that's older than x days.

a) Logon to Smarter Mail web interface
    b) Goto Settings -> My Folders
    c) Goto Folder Auto-clean
    d) Add a new rule.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.