Email - Distribution List

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by bajdev, Jun 8, 2005.

1. I think having distribution list (or something similar) would be a great help.

I realize I can have a single email forwarder forward to 5 different email addresses but it's be great to have larger distribution list. Even if it's only a few.

I'd really like to be able to send out emails to all customers, etc to an email such as [email protected]. I realize I can just loop through all the customers and shot out a mass email to each individual customer, but having a distribution list would be much better.

Not only would I like it on a professional level, I'd also like it for personal email. It'd be nice to have an email for my friends, eg: [email protected] or my family, etc.

Just a thought.

I love all the other hosting features. You guys have done an incredible job! Distribution list would be nice though... :)

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

3. Thanks for the suggestion Brian. I'd really like to do it with direct email (from an email client) and not have to use a web page if possible.

I just thought of something and I haven't tested it yet.

I can have an email forwarder forward emails to 5 people. Can I have an email forwarder forward emails to another forwarder?

Exmaple:

Say I have 10 friend I want to have a shared forwarding mass email address with. Could I,

Setup two forwarders:
    [email protected] => [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

[email protected] => [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

And then have a final forwarder setup like:

[email protected] => [email protected], [email protected]

Would an email sent to [email protected] then forward to all 10 friends? I'll try it later, but I thought I'd ask first because I don't have time to mess with it now.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
    bjordan

4. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

We do not allow a forwarding email account to forward to another forwarding email account.

DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET