Email Forwarding - Deletion on Forward

Discussion in 'Email' started by scottimusprime70, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I'm trying to forward email to a different email address and I want the email deleted after it is forwarded. My settings for email have been verified by DiscountASP (Enable deletion of messages on forward - checked), but the emails are not being deleted. Has anyone else run into this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

I tested this feature on my personal account (hosted on one of the production servers) and it is working fine.

3. Then I'm at a loss as to what it could be. This is what I was told on my help ticket:

"Since the setting appear to be correct and I am limited to the amount of support I can provide, I would encourage you to post your question in the DiscountASP.NET Community Forum at http://community.discountasp.net/ which we have created specifically for issues that we're unable to resolve over a ticket for peer support."

4. Joseph Jun

Joseph Jun DiscountASP.NET Staff

Are you using the default SPAM filtering settings on your SmarterMail account by any chance?

If I recall correctly, if a message is tagged with either a medium or high probability of being SPAM, it won't be forwarded.

Just check the messages that are in your inbox and if the subject line is prefixed with "SPAM-MED" or "SPAM-HIGH" it's what's probably causing the problem.

5. I was using default SPAM filtering but none of the subject lines are prefixed with "SPAM" although most of the emails are spam. I went ahead and turned off default spam filtering and it still doesn't seem to be helping.

I'm going to watch it the rest of the day to make sure.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.