email locked up AND Locked out of

Discussion in 'Email' started by SpartanWolf, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I have ONE stinking email with this domain and it has eaten up a couple of hours of my time.

I get it, you switch to SmartMail.

I get it, you couldn't transfer the passwords.

I logged onto SmartMail trying to figure out how to change my password back, then realized that wasn't the place to do it. Fished around for awhile and found it, got it changed back and had 9 emails which tried to download to Outlook BUT it will only download 8 emails and gets hung up on the 9th. I have downloaded the 8 emails over and over trying to get the 9th to download, but it just won't do it. I get a "Your pop3 server has not responded in 60 seconds" message over and over on the 9th email.

THEN, I thought I could go into SmartMail and try to delete it from there, but now I'm locked out of that. It tells me that username with that password does not exist, even though I am now able to use that same username and password to download those same 8 emails over and over...

Any suggestions on how I get out of this Groundhog Day version of email????
    [​IMG]

Thanks!!

2. You might know...

I get entirely frustrated with this...

post a message for help...

THEN after 2 hours of working/waiting and downloaded 8 emails over and over, the 9th finally came through.

Don't really care if I ever get back into SmartMail, but thanks anyway!!

3. mjp

mjp

Your posts are 12 minutes apart. If you have a critical problem the best way to get it fixed is to contact support through Control Panel. You aren't necessarily going to get the immediate attention of DiscountASP.NET staff here in the forum.

Generally speaking, a POP connection will sometimes hang on a corrupt or excessively large message. If you switch Outlook to use IMAP, or log in via SmarterMail webmail, you should be able to read/purge that message andstop the POP error.

mjp
    ---
    DiscountASP.NET

4. Wasn't looking to get an "immediate" fix, was just hoping someone would respond in the next day or so. I had really given up when I made the first post, but almost immediately afterward the emails finally finished downloading. A few minutes later... I guess 12, it occurred to me I should post they HAD finally downloaded...

BUT

It was back to the same problem tonight!! Just 7 emails this time, but would download the first 6 over and over but didnt' want to download the 7th.

AND

I appreciate your suggestion to log on to the SmartMail, BUT to quote my previous post:

"...I thought I could go into SmartMail and try to delete it from there, but now I'm locked out of that. It tells me that username with that password does not exist, even though I am now able to use that same username and password to download those same 8 emails over and over..."

This is stilla BIG part of my problem as it continues tells me the "Username with that Password doesn't exist" or I would have solved my problem that way.

We NEVER had a problem until you guys did the mail down... oops up-grade...

I'm just thankful, of the dozens of email addresses my company has, this is the only one we have attached to this domain. When I look at the time this has cost me fighting with one email for one employee, it is becoming evident I would make better use of my time to switch to a different service.

Thank you for your input.

5. mjp

mjp

If this is in reference to the hosting account with the same contact email address that you used to register here in the forum, I am able to log in to SmarterMail as the non-postmaster user. Make sure you are using the complete email address as the login. If it continues to fail, you can reset the password in Control Panel:

https://my.discountasp.net/email-manager/default-sm.aspx

Under "QUICK VIEW/EDIT by EMAIL TYPE" select "Email Users," click on the address and update the password.

That should get you into SmarterMail.
    You can also reset any email account's password by logging in to SmarterMail as "postmaster," which is done automaticallywhen you click the "SmarterMail Management Login as Primary Admin" link in the Email Manager section of Control Panel (https://my.discountasp.net/email-manager/default-sm.aspx).

mjp
    ---
    DiscountASP.NET

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.