email merge lost all contacts

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by blake, Oct 31, 2007.

1. hi, I just got merged from squirrelmail to the new email thing, and all my contacts were lost!! help!!

also, can I block emails that are being forwarded to my account from an old email address of mine? i can't un-forward the messages i used to want forwarded but now don't

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

>hi, I just got merged from squirrelmail to the new email thing, and all my contacts were lost!! help!!

I assumed you are talking about the contact you saved in Squirrel Mail. Contact support. We can send you a flat file containing your contacts.

> also, can I block emails that are being forwarded to my account from an old email address of mine? i can't un-forward the messages i used to want forwarded but now don't

Not sure I understand this question. Can you explain further?

3. Thanks for the reply. I would of course love to have a file with my contacts, thank you so much!

The other issue is this: on another account ([email protected]) when I first logged in, it gave me an option to forward the email, so I forwarded to my current account. The address started getting all sorts of junk mail, so I wanted to cancel the forwarding...but there's nowhere to do it on squirrel mail. Now I have all this email forwarding to my personal account and it's 100% junk. Is there any way to block email being forwarded from an address? I've asked the company to shut off the address but they haven't gotten to it and it's been 6 months of asking.

Thanks for your quick reply and help. Is there anything else you need from me before you can send my contacts file??

thanks,
    Blake

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

i am slightly lost. You may get better response from tech support. Have you created a ticket?

5. I have not, how do I do that?

6. Never mind the forwarded mail, it's from another account that didn't get migrated- another company. I'll deal with that with the other company.

What I need is to get my contacts back- they disappeared when the migration of blakenicolazzo.com mail happened.

7. mjp

mjp

https://my.discountasp.net/support.aspx

But if the forward is coming from Squirrelmail it should be gone 7 days after migration to SmarterMail, when your accounts on the legacy system are deleted.

mjp
    ---
    DiscountASP.NET

8. mjp

mjp

Open a ticket at the URL above and we will get the contacts to you.

mjp
    ---
    DiscountASP.NET