email volume, mailing list, any issues?

Discussion in 'Email' started by fer3com, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I want to transfer an email group that I have been managing elsewhere to my account with discountasp.net. Are there any issues regarding mail volume? If I send 150 people email 20 times a day, would that be a problem? Usually these messages have sizes of 5k or less. Occasionally someone sends a large attachment. If I send a 3 megabyte email to 150 people once or twice a day. would that be a problem? This is an established group of people who has opted in to received these emails, by the way.

Thanks in advance.

2. mjp

mjp

150 messages 20 times a day would not exceed our mailing limits. There is a 5000 message limit per 24 hours though, and if your list becomes much larger or busier you might be on the borderline.

3. Thank you, mjp. I gave numbers about double the number of members and emails per day so I probably wouldn't hit the 5000 per day limit for quite a while. If I need to send more than that, is there a means to request or purchase more mail bandwidth? Or is that an absolute limit?

Do you know if there are any technical issues I should be aware of? If I send an email to 150 different email addresses, do they all distribute more or less immediately (in less than a minute or two)?

Also, my outbound emails currently are sent with "discountasp.net" and "dotnetplayground.com" showing up in the headers. For example, the message id from a recent message shows as
    "Message-ID: <CC427534 ... [email protected]>"

Should I be doing something differently to make these mails appear to come from my domain's mail servers? I use "system.net.mail" in asp.net.

Thanks in advance.

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

That's the Windows Domain name. You cannot change that.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.