Error: Could not load file or assembly......

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by jkard883, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Hello,

Just started with DiscountASP on Monday Oct 15th as they have .NET 3.5, AJAX and Silverlight hosting. I uploaded a simple project created with Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2, and am getting errors "Could not load file or assembly...". All the assembly references refer to ASP .NET 3.5, and suggest my site is not 3.5 compliant yet.

Could not load file or assembly System.Web.Extensions
    Could not load file or assembly System.Core
    Could not load file or assembly System.Xml.Linq

In the DiscountASP control panel, I have upgraded the site to 3.5, but is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks
    Jason

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

.NET 3.5 is still in beta and is NOT installed on our production server.

.NET 3.5, however, is installed in our beta IIS 7.0 environment. You can register a beta account in the control panel.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Hmmm, doesn't that mean then to run Silverlight projects in production, you have to hack VS 2005 to recognize the projects? How are other users deploying Silverlight projects without VS 2008?

Thanks
    Jason

4. You can run Silverlight 1.0 on the production servers,and use Visual Studio 2005 to develop for this version.

Silverlight 1.1 Alpha, however, requires Visual Studio 2008 and the .NET 3.5 framework. So these will only work on your IIS7 beta account.

Aristotle

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET