Error getting my simple aspx page to work

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by surfsUP, Feb 21, 2006.

1. This is my first time so thanksin advance for any help.

Using VS.NET 2005 I develolped a simple page name staticHello.aspx. Following the direction in the knowlwdge base I usedVS.NET's IDE to Copy Website to my root directory in jkjm.net. I copied only 1 file - staticHello.aspx. I did jot feel the need to copy a web.config since my page does not use it.I then deleted the index.aspx from my root.Within my local development environment I made StaticHello.aspx the start page.

I types this string into the URL http://www.jkjm.net/StaticHello.aspx. And got error
    Parser Error
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'StaticHello'.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

1) Are you using the released version of VS.NET or beta?

2) Is it code behind or code seperation? Did you upload the .cs or .vb file or the Dll?

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Problem solved!!! I realized you were referring to control panel - I just upgraded my site to v2 and it works! thank you.

4. I'm using release version 90 free trial of VS.NET2005.

The page uses code behind, I uploaded both the aspx and the aspx.cs code behind file. I could not find dlls, they were not uploaded as far as I can tell.

5. It looks like you need to change the .NET framework version of your site to 2.0, which you can do in the IIS Manager of the control panel.

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

6. Yes, now after you mention this I looked more closely at the message at the bottom of the error page:
    </o:p>
    Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300.</o:p>
    I picked Discountasp.net as host because of their support for Frameork v2 and SQL Servedr2005. So I need to upgrade, but ask for you help.I don?t understand how to change it using IIS, IIS is not installed on my machine, so I don?t think I have IIS manager, if I do please tell me ho to launch it (when developing on my Tablet PC here I view my aspx pages using VS.NETs internal local web server) . Can I upgrade the framework via Control Panel or customer service?