Error in Website Administration tool

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Bruce, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

2. Hi, I am attempting to manage users usingthe website administration tool. I wrote this sytem a few months a go and am now ready to deploy. The system was working fine but now I cannot get into the 'manage users' screen and get the following error:

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: EXECUTE permission denied on object 'aspnet_Roles_GetAllRoles', database 'Prescribed_Processes', owner 'dbo'. at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminPage.CallWebAdminHelperMethod(Boolean isMembership, String methodName, Object[] parameters, Type[] paramTypes) at ASP.security_users_manageusers_aspx.Page_Load() at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.ArglessFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o) at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I have re-run aspnet_reqsql.exe to clear the database, but the error has not gone.
    When Iuse my aspx pages to add a user and log in to the system I am able to do so.
    Can anyone help please?
    Thankyou in anticipation

3. To resolve this there are some work workaround</o:p>

1. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Re-run the aspnet_regsql.exe.</o:p>
      <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">If first one is not working for you then you have to ?Add the user to the aspnet_Membership_FullAccess database role.?
    -- Add user to database role</o:p>USE aspnetdb</o:p>GO</o:p>sp_addrolemember 'aspnet_Membership_FullAccess', 'Your UserName'

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET