excess emails get deleted, archived or sent later ?

Discussion in 'Email' started by pOcHa, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. i already know about 1000/hour 5000/day email limit, but wondering what happens to an email sent through asp.net code with system.net.mail that has over 1000 bcc addresses for example?

1.) does none of the messages get sent at all,
    2.) or just to the first (or perhaps last?) 1000 addresses,
    2a) and the rest gets either deleted/ignored,
    2b) or saved in smartermail's "drafts",
    2c) and/or sent later automaticaly?

and for that matter do any messages sent from code get saved in smartermail's "sent" (and how if possible)?

2. mjp

mjp

First of all, you can't relay a message with 1000 CC or BCC addresses. That will fail.

Each CC and BCC address counts as a message, so one email with 999 BCC addresses = 1000 messages.

Messages in excess of the limits are purged. They are not saved anywhere.

3. so i need to split the bcc string at every 999th address, and programaticaly send the resulting number of emails at one hour interval each, and with 19h delay for every sixt one?
    not that i have that many subscribers, just planing ahead...

ok, thanks, thats exactly what i wanted to know, if there is no easier way to achive the above you can lock the thread now...

4. mjp

mjp

CC and BCC will not support 999 recipients. Nowhere close to that number.

Please read this Knowledge Base article for details on the maximum number of recipients.

5. yes, thank you, finally took the time to browse through the knowledge base so i want be asking old questions anymore, i just naturally assumed that what ever is there must also be here as a sticky somewhere, but my search results were returning empty...

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.