Exporting ReportViewer in LocalMode with graph

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by NewMind, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Greetings,

I have several reports written with ReportViewer in local mode (SQL 2005 is not an option for me). All of my reports work filne, except for the ones that contain the chart control. It seems there is a bug in Reporting Services, in regards to reports in local mode, where the chart image is not compressed. This behavior causes my session to expire because the report file size is so big or the file to take an extremmly long time to render..

Anyone run into this and find a workaround?

Thanks,

NM

2. Forgot to mention.....This is when I export the report to PDF

Thanks

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

It is quite possible for the .net application to timeout if the downloaded report is too large (pdf, csv, etc.)

You'll have to limit the size of the data set.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. Its not a dataset size issue. It's an issue with Microsoft not compressing the image of chart objects. They say its fixed in orcus, but i am wondering if anyone has found a work around since its killing my session due to the file size.

5. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Oops.. misread your question. I did some research but was not able to find anything.

Sorry.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

6. DannyT

DannyT DiscountASP.NET Staff

It is not the size of your PDF file. It is the application causing the recycling of application pool each time the site reaches the reportview page (cumulative from frontpage and it only takes one anonymous user to pass the threshold). Its an application leak type of deal. I've answered your ticket with complete details. Hope this helps!

Chow
    DiscountASP.NET
    <SUB><SUP>http://DiscountASP.NET