expression web dev tool w/ SQL 2005

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by wisemx, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Hi,
    Something just beginning is a series of Videos for DASP accounts.
    The first one was published this week, How to connect to remote DASP SQL Servers from SQL Server 2005:
    http://iis7testcom.web701.discountasp.net/connecting/connecting.html

Additional videos can be requested at any time.

For each of your questions about ASP.NET 2.0 there are some very nice tutorial videos:
    http://asp.net/learn/

As for WebAssist, hopefully someone else can help you with that, I'm not familiar with it at all.
    Salute,
    Mark

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

We don't have that article on our KB because different version of VS.NET and VWD have different capabilities when connecting to SQL.

I recommend you use SQL Management Studio to connect rather that VWD.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. I develop in Expression Web (EW) and Visual Basic Express in VB. running OS Vista business.
    In(EW) I'm to use the ASP.NET 2.0 data source control: SqlDataSource (ADO) which is recommended for password-protected databases I would also need to config. email and confirmation page, storage data file and validation on forms, logins.

Any chance there's links on knowledge base step-by-step instructions on how to set-up and use the SQL 05 server??
    like the 'How to connect to SQL server using SQL server managemt studio'
    I also use WebAssist a third party payment dev tool that connects to EW has this been succesful on DASP?
    Like what a name should look like: SQL2005-459863-??????

I'm new to SQL need help-please [​IMG]

4. Until you add the SQL Server to your account you may get a kick out of playing with Linq to XML.
    I've had a ton of fun with it and you should find lots of articles on-line right now, if not I can post some for ya.
    Salute,
    Mark

PS - I do my best to keep it fun. [​IMG]

5. Thanks for the advice [​IMG] now I have some homework and purchasedasp SQL space.

I'm sort of intrigued byVS.NET have to read more on this system later-anything to make my computing easier.