FedEx Ship Manager API

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by superwizbang, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Hello,

I have been building my own app with the FedEx Direct Connect solution offered by FedEx in their Web Integration Solutions package. I have had moderate success, but the building is slow and at times, over my head.

With that said, I was wondering if there was a chance that you could implement their API solution on our servers that we may interface with it using some well documented (and easier) methods to implement FedEx shipping strategies on our sites. Has this been reviewed or can this be reviewed for installation?

Basically, I can ship, I can track, I can delete transactions on thier Direct test servers. I cannot print (nor save) shipping labels returned from their return tagged transaction code at my current knowledge level. From my understanding, the code is written in a manner so that break characters are replaced with hex code which must be parsed. This is beginning to become a headache since the only code examples I can find in their documentation is written in C++; not easily translated to VB.NET. 8( Beyond frustration I write this email. Thier own staff is hardly studied in their own Direct solution and has been little help since most folks just use he API solution.

Um, help?

-Ken

2. You might want to check with the DASP crew...

/n Software updated their IBiz components, including the FedEx components.

http://discountasp.net/sp_ibiz.aspx

http://www.nsoftware.com/ibiz/default.aspx

New Shipping/RTM Products:
    • IBiz FedEx Integrator - All Editions
      Provides easy access to the most popular FedEx domestic and international mail capabilities including shipping, tracking, address verification, rate calculation, and more.

3. I had actually looked into that. I downloaded the FedEx Integrator and tried to upload it. It just returned the message that the DASP servers did not have a key installed to allow use. I would be one happy clam if they would extend the license to include this. On my local machine with the trial code, the solution seemed complete and exactly what I was hoping for.

I spent all of today troubleshooting my code and I can now generate a label using a static method. Basically, if they change the length of their tags in their tagged code, my code will throw up. 8/ For now, I have it working though. Any ideas where I might send a question regarding them updating the license for the new /N Software suite?

Thanks!

-Ken

4. ...Send a PM to Bruce or a message through your accounts Control Panel. [​IMG]

5. Great. I will do that. I have everything working now. Yay for breaking through roadblocks in code. It always makes life a little brighter for that 1/2 day...something new always arises. Ha! That said, Ilearned to likea canned solution more so I don't have to rely on my own coding.

Much obliged.

-Ken

6. You've got style bro. [​IMG]