feedback on http://www.solunar.com

Discussion in 'Site Design, SEO, Google and Site Promotion' started by solunarcom0, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Hey all - was hoping I could get a little feedback on my site re-design http://www.solunar.com.

It's my first ASP 2.0 project, so some things aren't done as efficient as I'd like. But everything's a learning process, so I'll keep at it. Go gentle on me [​IMG]
    I was quite proud of actually getting Google Maps API to work properly on the Place Order page. I ended up working with a .Net object instead of the javascript required by the API. Again, probably not as efficient but it works for now.

After 90 days of intense ASP development, all I can say is: Wow - what a learning curve.

I programmed FoxPro for almost 20 years. Getting my head wrapped around "stateless" development cost me a few more bald spots, but I am impressed with ASP .Net.

Regards,
    Joe Payne
    Solunar Services, LLC

2. Site looks good and is clear.

Ideas:
    1) Maybe putthe sample links on the front page so people can see them right away.
    2)I wouldn't use the wizard to explain the threory. Just use a regular article style.
    3) Somehow separate hunting/fishing from businesses.

I'mcurious about the concept now, but I don't hunt or fish.

Mike

3. Great feedback, thank you so much for taking the time.

I'll see what I can do on getting some samples on the front page. I did consider that early on, but I wanted to give people some sort of summary on the main page and the nitty-gritty in the product pages. At least that was what I was thinking - lord knows I'm no marketing expert.

You got me on the wizard - I took the easy way out. I originally had separate pages with nav buttons, but the wizard just seemed easier. You really think I should switch it back?

Thanks again - if you decide to pick up fishing or hunting, shoot me an email and I'll send you a month of Solunar times for the location of your choice. Solunar does work, but nothing beats a good weather forecast. No matter how active animals *should* be, the weather influences them as much as Solunar does.

Regards,
    Joe Payne
    Solunar Services, LLC

4. Wow that would be awesome - thanks for sharing it with your friends!

A friend of mine is related to the host of Outdoors Indiana radio show - he put me in touch this week and they are interested in an interview to talk about Solunar on his show. Cross your fingers :)

I appreciate all ideas - web design certainly isn't my forte. I'll see if I can come up with something simple yet creative to do away with the wizard. Some of my customers are older folk and thus not terribly computer-literate. What I think is easier isn't alwaysthe case for them.

So far the new site seems to have improved sales, but it's still too soon to be sure. I'll know by the middle of the month if it has really made an impact.

Now I have to draw up some brochures, heh!

Thanks again,
    Joe Payne
    Solunar Services, LLC

5. Hi Joe!

I don't think the wizard is a big deal. I was just throwing out some ideas.

I noticed you're from Indianapolis. I worked in the Galyan's/Dick's camping department during their transition. You might give the hunt/fish sales associatessome brochures for your site. They are always looking for something to talk with customers about.Always looking for that little advantage.

I'll send your link to some relatives.

Mike
    www.usefuliq.com