Forcing HTTPS use

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by volking, Jul 22, 2008.

1. DiscountASP "says" they can turn-on HTTPS for an entire website,butdoing so,does not actually force HTTPS use.Instead, whenDiscountASP"turns on HTTPS" itsimplyTHROWSERRORS if a websurfer attempts to uses HTTP rather than HTTPS. That's NOT what I need. I don't want errors ...I want automatic ... behind-the-scenes ... redirection.

I want all HTTP request traffic automatically redirected to HTTPS.The onlymethods I've found involve hard coding full URL paths into each of my webpages and forcing a redirect from inside each and every web page ... quite tedious and not verymaintainable. I would think "some" technique does exist, but I can't finda techniquethat "plays-nicely" withDiscountASP current architecture.

Has anyone worked out a dependable way to accomplish "painless" redirection to HTTPS for an entire website on DiscountASP?

Thanks
    Frederick

2. Question #1: Does DiscountASP.net allow HTTP modules?

Question #2: Since my website is currently on IIS6, should I ask DiscountASPto move it to IIS7?

3. Yes. DiscountASP allows customHTTPmodules to be loaded.

You can make a similar type of HTTP module to run with IIS6, but you'll have to request the DiscountASP admins to configure a wildcard mapping to ASP.NET for you first.

Aristotle

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET