Forum search doesn't work worth a darn

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by strefethen, Jan 23, 2008.

1. I've tried using the search facility on these forums and I'm giving up. It never finds posts that I know exist and searching for multiple terms yields equally poor if not worse results.

I'd love to see these forums opened up so that can be indexed by Google. It would probably even be of benefit to disacountasp.net because potential customers could see the high quality of support provided here.

Please, do something to improve one's ability to help themselves by making forum search better.

Thanks
    -Steve

2. The DASP crew is not happy with these forums.
    They've posted awareness of many problems.

I'm simply whispering back to ya from the trenches. [​IMG]

3. mjp

mjp

Yes, as wisemx indicated, we are painfully aware of the shortcomings of this particular forum application. We are currently testing an alternative to dotNetBB.

The forums are open to read,you only have to register to post. Pretty standard stuff.

The posts areindexed by Google.

mjp
    ---
    DiscountASP.NET

4. Got it, thanks for the info.

My bad on the Google search I did a sight search for my username but didn't use the right name! doh!

Anyway, since that works it would probably be fairly easy to tweak this engine to provide a site specific Google search here. If you take a look at my blog, I've integrated Google's AJAX search into my blog and the results show up right on my site. For an example, try searching for 'ccnet' from the search box on the top right hand corner of my blog, the results will appear listed in the center column.

Anyway, again thanks for the feedback and apologies for the stupid user error.

-Steve