Front Page 2003/SharePoint

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by JonO, Apr 29, 2003.

1. We're beta-testing it at work (M$FT is doing a marketing blitz on Office 11.) It's a nice upgrade - like WinServer2003 and VS2003 its a dot revision that spends a lot of time providing the "little things" that make life easier as well as some nice new functionality.

The reason I bring this up is that FP2003 has a bunch of nice features that require sharepoint to work. So I'm wondering if you've looked at Sharepoint and, if so, what's your thinking about it?

Jon
    (Information doesn't want to be free, it wants to be sixty-nine cents @ pound)

2. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

We will definitely be looking at Sharepoint. However, our main focus right now is Windows Server 2003.

The DisountASP.NET Team

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

We have created a r & d plan for FP 2003, we will promptly launch it when it becomes available.

Trust us, we want to replace FP2000 as soon as possible. FP2003 relies on FTP to handle file transfer and should create less problem.

quote:Originally posted by dasp_forum_admin

We will definitely be looking at Sharepoint. However, our main focus right now is Windows Server 2003.

The DisountASP.NET Team
    </blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

4. Kewl - I have the client available to me so when if you want to open-betatest, lemme know

quote:Originally posted by bruce

We have created a r & d plan for FP 2003, we will promptly launch it when it becomes available.

Trust us, we want to replace FP2000 as soon as possible. FP2003 relies on FTP to handle file transfer and should create less problem.

quote:Originally posted by dasp_forum_admin

The DisountASP.NET Team

Jon
    (Information doesn't want to be free, it wants to be sixty-nine cents @ pound)