frontpage search

Discussion in 'Site Design, SEO, Google and Site Promotion' started by Eric1, Mar 11, 2006.

1. I am using FP 2003 and have had no results in adding the FP Search Formto my site. It acts if it is searching the web instead of data in my page or my web. Since there are few options what is happening? How can it be made to search my site and my web?? Is my use of AOL the cause?

Post Edited By Moderator (Joel Thoms) : 5/16/2006 10:40:35 PM GMT

2. I will try that next. Thanks...

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Microsoft decided to remove the WAIS search function with FrontPage extension with Windows 2003. FP Search now only uses Index Server (but unfortunately it is not supported here)

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. Does Google search work with the temp URL? When I point it atmy oldsite it works fine. When I point it at my new site (discountasp.net temp URL) it returns no results.

Thanks

5. It pulls the same files from your site as your URL would. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work.

Joel Thoms
    DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

6. I used the Google search on my site and it worked fine. Did you remember to "re-calculate hyperlinks" from the Tools Menu before posting to the server as well as posting by re-mote site rather than FTP?

Doc

7. I am using Visual Web Dev. 2005 Express and Visual Studio 2005 (when I need the more advanceddb tools) to build the site. For uploading I have been using AspDotNetProjectFtp.exe andalsoCuteFTPoccasionally because the MS site upload feature didn't seem to work wery well (maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance).

I didn't see anything to the effect of "re-calculate hyperlinks." I guess I'll need to find out more about what makes this whole thing work and take if from there. I'll install FrontPage if I have to, but it seems like there must be another way.

Thanks for the info.

Soren

8. I mentioned "recalculate hyperlinks" as I thought you were using MS FrontPage.

The Doc