FTP! Needs improvement!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by hexane, May 16, 2004.

1. I dont know if it's bandwidth issues, routing issues, or what but my connection to my server through FTP is REALLY flaky. It gets going, and then basically hangs on a file and gets disconnecting... reconnect, same file goes through plus all the files in the batch I am uploading, but then gets hung on some other random file and AGAIN, just sits there until I repeat the process all over again. I also get a "connection refused" on many basic FTP clients like WS_FTP, but I can get in fine with Flash FXP. That's just plain weird, and I promise the connection info is the same on both clients.

IF you want a suggestion for imporvement, it would be cool if someone could look into this, it's pretty annoying.

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

I am guessing that the problem lies in your Antivirus or Personal firewall or your firewall.

These software if improperly configured will terminate a long running FTP session.

If you call MS support nowaday, the first thing they ask you to do is to turn off all firewall & antivirus.

quote:Originally posted by hexane

I dont know if it's bandwidth issues, routing issues, or what but my connection to my server through FTP is REALLY flaky. It gets going, and then basically hangs on a file and gets disconnecting... reconnect, same file goes through plus all the files in the batch I am uploading, but then gets hung on some other random file and AGAIN, just sits there until I repeat the process all over again. I also get a "connection refused" on many basic FTP clients like WS_FTP, but I can get in fine with Flash FXP. That's just plain weird, and I promise the connection info is the same on both clients.

IF you want a suggestion for imporvement, it would be cool if someone could look into this, it's pretty annoying.
    </blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">