full trust

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by aliasweb, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Does Discount ASP.NET allow Full Trust setting? I need infragistics components to work on this host and they require Full Trust set.

2. I think it would be nice if DSAP could introduce this permission in the features list of hosting plans. This indicates DSAP still supports full trust now and users do not have to ask again before deciding to try the hosting service here. I also hope that this setting is kept forever.

3. I keep boosting DASP each time someone in Microsoft related forums states that their current host does not allow Full trust.
    This has really been a Hot topic since the official release of Ajax, which currently requires Full trust to function when not part of the GAC.

btw,here'ssome sample code that returns the current trust level:

AspNetHostingPermissionLevel GetCurrentTrustLevel()
    {
    foreach (AspNetHostingPermissionLevel trustLevel in
    new AspNetHostingPermissionLevel []
    {
    AspNetHostingPermissionLevel.Unrestricted,
    AspNetHostingPermissionLevel.High,
    AspNetHostingPermissionLevel.Medium,
    AspNetHostingPermissionLevel.Low,
    AspNetHostingPermissionLevel.Minimal
    } )
    {
    try
    {
    new AspNetHostingPermission(trustLevel).Demand();
    }
    catch (System.Security.SecurityException )
    {
    continue;
    }

return trustLevel;
    }

return AspNetHostingPermissionLevel.None;
    }

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

I think the key here is that our set up allow us to offer full trust mode WITHOUT sacrafice potential security problem.

We do this byrunning each web site with its own application pool running with a unique identity. We also secure the system directories / system files with the minimum set of required permission.

We confirmed with Scott Guthrie that running each appPool w/ unique id with Full Trust is secure.

I did some competitive research and I was surprised by how many so-called expert Windows hosting company (not going to name names[​IMG]) had their servers wide open. With some off the shelf tools, I was able to access all the source code / database, etc. on all their users hosted on the server.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

5. Thats the answer I am looking for....

hopefully here I wont have problems like godaddy.com