Further customization of status codes

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by jdcrutchley, Jul 19, 2006.

1. It would be nice if it were possible to map more status codes to our own pages. For example, I'd really like to be able to map 405 errors to my own logic to help with a friendly URL rewriting solution I'm working on. By default, any POSTs to something without a file extension (like http://mydomain.com/mydir/mypage) get a 405 from IIS. I'd like to be able to map that to my own handler that checks to see if /mydir/mypage actually means something to my app. Any idea if this is possible? I'd imagine it'd just require some cut-n-paste from the 404 mapping code in yourcontrol panel code.Is it at all probable that youwill implement this?

2. The 404 and 500 are the most popular, so that's what we made available in the control panel. But the DiscountASP system administrators can map any other custom error page you wish. Create a support ticket, as they'll have to do it manually. If we get more requests to have other error pages customizable in the control panel, we'll definitely implement it in the future.

Aristotle

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET