help i can't log in to my own site

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by mydesignerstudio, Aug 2, 2007.

1. I had a company out of india develop my site. There are a TON of things wrong with it so I opted not to have a maintenance contract with them. I have no experience programming my site. It has been live for a year and suddenly when I login using my admin or any other known username and password it says login failed. Failed on any machine I have tried. I have NO IDEA how to search via ftp the files of my site in order to see if I can figure out what happened. I have no idea how to fix this and I offer downloadable designs to wedding photographers and can't fill their orders. They have gone to my site to register and then their logins don't work and I am helpless. Can anyone point out what I can do to investigate this issue. All I know is my site is designed using .aspx pages and a sql? database. I can ftp into my files, but just don't know which one to access and I am so frustrated. I planned to have a long standing contract with this company, but the whole experience was a joke and I have no one to contact as yet.

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Hmm.. i wish i could help you but there are just too many possibilities.

I think you need to find the people who developed the site for you. They most likely stored the username / password in the database rather than in a text file (The password may also be encrypted).

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. thanks, today I found out that the users were completely missing...about 2000...so I have purchased a sql database restore. I changed my passwords so that they are not accessed and taken again. I HOPE this clears up the problem...we shall soon see.