Helpdesk Tickets keep dissapearing

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by FlangeArtist, Jul 9, 2007.

1. I raised 4 HelpDesk tickets now for the same problem. Each time they are listed for a day or so and then dissapear! What the blinky is going on?

The last one I raised was: "Discount ASP: Helpdesk Ticket #754749"

George Leithead
    InternetWideWorld.com

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

The only thing I can think of that will cause this problem is that the ticket was somehow mistaken as spam.

Try create another ticket and post the ticket number. I can check the helpdesk as long as the ticket is created with 24 hrs.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Spam Assassin has its own set of logic which is mostly accurate but it may miss something very obvious to people.

In my experience, very few spam filtering software can filter out spam without false positive.

If you are interested, you may also want to consider using a challenge and response type system which I found very effective. See http://www.spamarrest.com

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. Obviously I expect some spam to get through. However, when the subject of the spam is for the blue pill that we all know starts with a V, how on earth is that not being stoped when my settings are supposedly on the highest level?

George Leithead
    InternetWideWorld.com

5. Probably is being regarded as SPAM, given that that's the problem I am trying to report, especially given that I have been receiving emails with subjects that are extremely obviously SPAM and I have the highest SPAM setting enabled!

George Leithead
    InternetWideWorld.com

6. Your ticket has been submitted. The ticket number is 760436.

George Leithead
    InternetWideWorld.com

7. mjp

mjp

George, I saw your latest ticket, and I think Bruce is right on target here that your previously submitted tickets were flagged and deleted. Sorry about that. It's an inherent problem when discussing spam in a medium set up to get rid of spam.

Some spam is going to get through even under very aggressive settings. The problem is you don't have much individual control right now, but we are working on a solution to that problem. Once the new system is available you will have much greater control over your spam settings.

I can't say exactly when this will be available, but we are very close to a beta launch, so hopefully we will be able to offer it as an option soon. The beta will not be opt-in, however, so it won't be available to existing customers until it launches.

We will keep you posted here in the forum on the progress of the new system.

mjp

DiscountASP.NET - Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best Hosting Service
    - Visual Studio Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best Hosting Service