Host an ASP.NET 2.0 application which gets data from SQL server 2005

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by srivatsavaye, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Hi all,

I am new to hosting websites. Let me put it this way, i never hosted a website. I have a ASP.NET 2.0 website which gets data from sql server 2005. I have a domain already registered. Can i host this website using this discountASP.NET? what is the procedure to copy my website and database on to this host? After i hosted the website, if i want to enter some data manually in to the sql server 2005, what is the procedure? lot of questions eh! Any suggestions appreciated.

2. Yes,you could signup up with us for your web applcation.To start with, first you have to get your domain to point to our name servers.Instructions on how to do this can be found in the following link:

Lets say if you are registered with Register.com(Similar procedure for other registrars)
    http://kb.discountasp.net/article.aspx?id=10093

Once you signup with DASP and have your domain name servers changed,you are provided with an ftp account which you could use to upload your files to our servers.We have a very easy to use Control Panel too.
    For SQL 2005,you can access it using 'SQL Server Management Studio' .We also have a very popular tool in your control panel which provided you with other functionalities in a easy to use interface.

And offcourse ,you are always welcome to ask any further questions here on our community forums and we also have a 24X7 Support Service for all our customers.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

Post Edited (vvsharma) : 11/30/2006 9:22:37 PM GMT

3. To help with your decision making I have learned a great deal from hosting my sites at Discountasp.net.I started off hardly knowing anything and I have learned a great deal in a little amount of time.They have a very easy to use Knowledge Base,very responsive and helpful sopport team,and a great forum to help you get started.

4. I am currently hosting my website with www.made2own.com.Can somebody tell me the procedure to change the DNS server to discount ASP.net.

5. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff